Stylish Ribbed Beanie
This stylish beanie is a perfect project to build on your basic knitting skills. Learn to knit a classic ribbed style toque in the round on circular or double pointed needles (DPNs). We will cover how to determine the perfect length and fit, add a brim, shape a crown and finish the top of the hat. Knit with 1 strand of worsted weight wool together with 1 strand of mohair, your finished hat will keep you warm all winter long. If you are sensitive to mohair you could choose to add a strand of cashmere or knit alone with a single strand of worsted yarn. Everyone will want one for Christmas!
Students should have basic knitting skills prior to taking this class and should be able to cast on, knit and purl.
Min 3 students, max 8 students
Date: Sunday Nov 19 & Dec 3, 2023
Time: 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm
Instructor: Jackie Blackmore
Supplies for classes must be purchased at Black Sheep Yarns
- On the C Train pattern by Lisa Di Fruscia for Espace Tricot (free on Ravelry)
- 4.5mm 16" circular needle, 5mm 16" circular needle and 5mm DPNs
- 100g worsted weight yarn eg Malabrigo Rios, Knitting for Olive Heavy Merino, Cascade 220, John Arbon Yarnadelic Worsted, Madelinetosh Worsted, Berroco Ultra Alpaca)
- 25g of mohair/silk blend yarn eg Knitting for Olive Soft Silk Mohair
- scissors, darning needle, stitch markers